Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Still Nursing the Gaping Black Hole Where My Heart Used To Be*

I cannot go to the ocean
I cannot drive the streets at night
I cannot wake up in the morning
Without you on my mind
So you're gone and I'm haunted
And I bet you are just fine
Did I make it that
Easy to walk right in and out
Of my life?

Goodbye, my almost lover
Goodbye, my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be?

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should have known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do


*But I am out of bed now, so that's something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

uh...buh...Johan...(drools) @ those pics (especially the one of him out of uniform)

btw I'm listening to the Mets ST opener on XM right now (Johan's not pitching today but the Mets are winning 2-0)