Monday, February 20, 2006

Happy Pitchers and Catchers Day!


The Minnesota Twins pitchers and catchers are officially required to begin working out today, although many of the players have already arrived for spring training in Fort Myers.


This means, of course, that spring is just around the corner. The Kiss Cam and the Hormel Row of Fame, Twingo and Dodgeball and Dome Dogs, they are so close, I can almost taste the by-products. The smell of freshly groomed Astroturf is in the air, and My Ho, he bought part of a season ticket package this year. What could be better than THAT?

It also means that I had to change my sidebar counter. Instead of pitchers and catchers reporting to spring training, it’s now counting down to opening day.

Mmmmmmmm... opening day...

How can you not love
these guys?

4 comments:

rob said...

How can you not love these guys?

Funny. Every year the M's have a new tag line. One that has survived and resurfaced over the past five seasons has been, "You gotta love these guys."

Of course, by the end of the season, it invariably gets rewritten to, "Remind me...why do we love these guys?"

TwinsGoddess said...

Yeah, except that in Seattle, I'd happily sit in Safeco field for three hours to watch paint dry. That stadium is gorgeous.

And anyway, I thought M's fans were all about the Ichiro.

Ours seems to be "This is Twins Territory" again this year.

rob said...

Fo' soothle. Safeco is highly perty as far as stadiums/theme parks go. There's so much to do in Safeco, I have a problem just sitting watching an entire game let alone paint drying.

I've attended over 30 games at Safeco and I've sat through exactly 1 from top to bottom (granted, that game went into 6 extra innings so it felt like 2). By the fifth inning, I'm at the bullpen watching the relievers warm up. By 7th stretch, I'm getting a couple of beers at center field. The best part: I never miss a second of the game. You can see the action from anywhere in the stadium.

Personally, I'm not all about Ichiro. Don't get me wrong, he's one of the most talented players in the league and it's freaking amazing to watch him play. I guess I just miss Edgar too much.

JeepGirl said...

Ya, they look pretty good in those photos.