Monday, April 03, 2006

We Now Return To Our Regularly Scheduled Blogging

Sorry for my silence last week. I was sicker than I have been in a long, long time, the effects of which continue to linger in the form of an alarming sounding cough that last night caused me to ask My Ho, "So, how long should I live with this hacking before I go and get a chest x-ray?" I do actually feel a lot better, so I'm going to give it a couple more days.

The problem with being a sick single parent is that when I'm down for the count, nothing gets done. The mountain of laundry that has accumulated in my basement would make a grown man weep. And it's funny how I can go an entire week without cooking and yet, the dirty dishes still pile up. The Demigoddesses took turns loading and unloading the dishwasher at various points during my illness, but it seems they do not possess the engineering skills necessary to fit all of the dirty dishes into the washer at one time.

So over the weekend, once it was clear that I could, in fact, be vertical for more than five minutes at a stretch, I spent a good deal of time digging out. We've got a way to go yet, but both Demis had clean pants to wear to school today, so that's something.

I guess that's what I get for scoffing at the idea of getting a flu shot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better. And hey, I have to do that after I've been sick, and I'm married. I guess it is a mom thing.

JeepGirl said...

Well I haven't been sick and I still have all the same crap piling up in my house.

Hope your feeling better.