Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Pushing Rocks Uphill

Since Monday, I’ve been involved in an ongoing e-mail exchange with my ex. I use the word “exchange” loosely, it’s really somewhere in the neighborhood of an argument/lecture/airing of grievances that started with one simple question:

“Are you planning to have the kids for Labor Day weekend?”

His response, of course, was “no.”

He has lots of reasons for saying no, which he has outlined for me in a number of subsequent e-mails. Somehow, though, they all sound like very convenient rationalizations to me.

He says he thinks the kids understand his "conscious decision" to leave his "old life" behind and start a new one that doesn’t appear to include them. I think he’s very, very wrong about that.

And the thing of it is, I suspect that the only reason he keeps responding to my e-mails is that, deep down, he's not really buying any of his bullshit, either.

2 comments:

jlb said...

Your Ex sounds like a real winner...or do I mean weener...like the kind attached to a man.

I'm sorry you have so much hell to go through with him.

Hope it gets better.

Anonymous said...

This is beyond understanding! Those precious lives are much to wonderful to ignore.