Monday, January 09, 2006

My Eyes! My Eyes!

After over two weeks of consecutive overcast days here in the northland, everything in town had taken on a dirty-snow uniformity. The relentless grayness had slowly eaten away at my soul until I forgot there had ever been a world that didn’t look like a Morrissey song.

Then, on Saturday, Demi the Elder and I were out running errands, and for a while I couldn’t understand this weird pain in my eyes. I squinted and blinked and then finally realized that this stabbing brightness was the SUN! And blue sky! And I was like an animal that had been dragged into the light after living its entire life in the depths of a cave, because it was blinding! I was BLIND!

How am I supposed to drive the Demigoddesses to play rehearsal in all this sunshine, now that my eyes have been rendered useless?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, listen to me...you remember those things you used to carry around with you, those things that look like eyeglasses only the lenses are dark? Remember those? You probably last wore them sometime around Christmas so it might take a while to find them, but when you do, put them on - you wear them just like real glasses - and you should be fine.