Friday, November 18, 2005

Nope. Can’t Do It.

It seems that there is a limit to the things I will do for my children.

While I understand that their father has encouraged their participation for the past five years, and while I empathize with their disappointment that this year, for some reason, he won’t take them… I’m afraid I’m going to have to play the mean mom card on this one.

I will pick pestilence out of their hair with my bare hands. I will put back the items of clothing I chose for myself in favor of buying Demigoddess the Elder a suit to wear to her debate tournaments. I will, as requested, put honey in Demigoddess the Younger’s tea in the morning so that her voice will be in top form for her school musical audition eight hours later.

But I will not. WILL NOT take them to compete in a White Castle eating contest.

So don't even look at me like that.

Today’s Friday haiku is dedicated to Demigoddess the Elder:

I don’t know why you
Want to compete again when
last year, you threw up.

6 comments:

Lisa Blah Blah said...

Oooh, haiku. I like it. Especially on a Friday afternoon when I feel my brain is turning to jam.

I'm enjoying your blog. Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

I think you are being entirely reasonable. Today white castle eating. Tomorrow the stripper pole contest.

Besides, if you wanted to teach your girls to binge and purge, you would just show them how to eat a quart of Ben and Jerrys and then stick a finger down their throat...right?

Lin said...

White Castle calls you
don't listen my child please don't
Think twice, think mad cow

rob said...

A White Castle eating contest? Surely she can find a healthier alternative. You know...like a ninja star swallowing contest or a salmonella/trichinosis blind taste test.

TwinsGoddess said...

No, it's not free. Although, in past years, they have brought home a lot of free White Castle items--coffee mugs and tote bags and stuff like that.

Dawn, I would be the last person to teach my girls to binge and purge. The binging I can do, but I never quite got around to the purging part.

And Lin? You are an art-eest.

Anonymous said...

Thank GOD! Good for you! That contest always kind of troubled me.