Tuesday, November 01, 2005

So Very Sad

My Ho’s Youngster attends a swanky private school. The Demigoddesses go to our local public school with the rest of the unwashed masses.

It turns out that the Demigoddesses’ public school soccer team is playing the Youngster’s swanky private school soccer team in the state soccer tournament tonight.

My Ho forwarded me an e-mail that he received from another of the swanky private school parents yesterday. He had added his own subject line (“This Cracked Me Up…”), under which it said:

The game will be tomorrow night, Tuesday November 1, 2005 at 6:00 pm. The game starts promptly at 6:00; the team announcements, national anthem, etc, start at 5:45 pm.

Bring (SWANKY PRIVATE SCHOOL) students of all ages, parents, relatives (distant and near), friends, neighbors, and passers-by to cheer. (UWASHED MASSES’ PUBLIC SCHOOL) is a much bigger school so we have to offset their noise.


Apparently those unfortunate overpriveleged kids need all the help and support they can round up. My heart, it BLEEEEEEEEDS...

Nevertheless, we will be cheering for the public school kids. Obviously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to think of myself as an enlightened swanky private school(SPS) parent, the kind who might --in the right mood -- write back to the e-mail sender and ask if I should really pick up folks from the homeless shelter across from the stadium to come root for our team.

And I just KNOW that when a close call go against The Youngster's School, a SPS parent will turn to the parent sitting next to him/her and opine: "The refs always favor the public school kids."

That being said, I will be sitting next to ESG and hope she's not embarrassed when I root for the SPS.

Game on, m'dear.