Monday, September 26, 2005

Still Recovering

Me, at 12:30 a.m. Saturday Morning:

“All right. I am going to bed now. I don’t expect you all to go to sleep now as well, but please. PLEASE be quiet. If you wake me up, I am not going to be happy.”

Me, at 3:00 a.m.:

“Turn the stereo OFF and quiet down!”

Me, at 4:00 a.m.:

“It's four in the morning, now. HOW ABOUT PUTTING A SOCK IN IT, LADIES?”


And as if that weren't enough fun for one party…

In what universe is it okay to pick up one’s child at 11:05 a.m. from a sleepover birthday party that was scheduled to end at 10:30 a.m.? Two separate sets of parents, this was.

The only reason these people are still living is that I was too exhausted to stab them.

1 comment:

Julie Marsh said...

I wish I could say I was surprised. My slumber party memories are still pretty vivid, and that sounds right on par. I'm just glad they didn't sneak out or call boys.

And just remember which parents were tardy, and don't make too much of an effort to pick up your Demigoddess at the specified time when they return the favor of hosting a slumber party. IF they return the favor, that is.